Music, Humor and Words

Not necessarily in that order. Michael Wright chimes in on his life, his interests and the occasional bolt of inspiration that mortals tend to gain from time to time.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Friday check #2

So much for doing this weekly. I missed one.

Odds and ends just keep standing in the way and with the weekend finally upon me, I have packing and cleaning on the brain. It's off to the Cape for a week, and as I will be traveling without checking messages, there will be a lull.

But before I hit the road, it's time for a quick trio of what's on the cultural radar:

David Gray August 6th show at DC's 9:30 Club will be streamed at NPR.org starting at 9:30 pm ET. Link

Avoid the 'Dukes.' Find a theatre and check out 'March of the Penguins.' You'll thank me.

Two books of note: David Pogue's new 'Missing Manual' for Mac OS X "Tiger" and Christopher Paolini's forthcoming 'Eldest,' the second novel in his Inheritance trilogy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home