Music, Humor and Words

Not necessarily in that order. Michael Wright chimes in on his life, his interests and the occasional bolt of inspiration that mortals tend to gain from time to time.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

On Pop's Edge: Office


I'll let Matt DuFour from thetripwire.com remark first:

"Unsigned: Introducing The Office... The Band Actually, I think it's just Office (no "the"), but regardless, I can't stop listening to this band. They're from Chicago and they're unsigned (for now). There's six members - Scott, Alissa, Erica, Tom, Craig and Ryan - and they write some of the catchiest indie pop tunes I've heard in a while... They have a few tracks to stream on their website, so go check it out ASAP."

Now me: Please do. Many sweet tones have emerged from the midwest, and I must say there's a "stick in your head" quality that even I can't shake about Office. Compare, contrast, debate all you want. Give these folks a chance. They're preparing for an appearance at SXSW, which in my opinion, may be just the ticket for them.

Office at MySpace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home