Music, Humor and Words

Not necessarily in that order. Michael Wright chimes in on his life, his interests and the occasional bolt of inspiration that mortals tend to gain from time to time.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Marshall Crenshaw's 'Bottomless Pit'


Singer/songwriter Marshall Crenshaw has another avenue for his unique talents - the radio.
Each week, Crenshaw hosts 'The Bottomless Pit,' a two hour foray into his personal tastes, inspired or not. From WKZE.com:

"Over the years I've always really gotten off on playing "guest DJ" on other peoples' shows, running my mouth in public about music that I love, etc.. After doing a Steve Earle show I seriously got the urge to try doing a radio show myself, and doing "The Bottomless Pit" on WKZE has been stimulating and enjoyable for me. I bring 99% of the stuff in from home. Most of the sets are thematic in some way. I try to make the show fun and interesting. It's a pretty eclectic mix, everything from Bessie Smith to The Stooges, Albert Ayler to Doris Day, but I think it works..."

'The Bottomless Pit' airs Wednesdays at 9PM ET

Listen to the station live here. (Windows Media)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home